The Medellin Hub is a dynamic community that is working tirelessly to expand our collective knowledge and use it for the welfare of the communities we serve.
We strive for a Hub that accurately represents our increasingly diverse city by including Shapers from different backgrounds and with different beliefs and perspectives to work together.
Medellin is a city that needs the different communities and sectors to work together in joint efforts to tackle the pressing problems faced by so many citizens. In order to address these problems we have co-created and are actively implementing the following high impact social projects:
- Construyendo de la Mano (Building hand-in-hand): Mentoring for students on the last two years of school
- ODS Voluntrato (Volunteers for the SDGs): Various initiatives to teach about and help accomplish the SDGs
- Shapers For Venezuela: Working to support Venezuelan migrants.
- Mujeres con propósito (Women with purpose): Workshops led by female shapers to inspire and train girls at schools
- Medellín 4.0: Working to ensure that all citizens can benefit from the 4th Industrial Revolution.
In addition to these projects we also have many initiatives and support other hubs’ projects such as #LaEducaciónNoPara (#EducationDoesNotStop), #EnjoyAtHome, Blood4All and Shaping Fashion, to name a few.
We are also active members of our city’s thriving entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems, ensuring that the city’s young people are represented wherever possible. Finally, we are very proud of how close we are to other hubs across the region and especially in Colombia, alliances which thrived when we hosted SHAPE LATAM 2016.