The Providence Hub seeks to represent our beautiful and diverse community by engaging locally and representing globally. Being the Capitol of the smallest state in the United States of America, we understand the importance of having a voice at the table to ensure we have access to the resources we need to prosper and have a socially just society.
We are grateful to have had the priviledge to represent our city in places such as Belfast, Sacramento, Muscat, and Milwaukee.
We are currently working on the development of the following projects:
- Shaping The Vote, in collaboration with other hubs across North America
- Narcan and CPR trainings in high-need areas around Rhode Island
- Life Skills Curriculum Training
- Understanding the complex ecosystem of service providers working on homelessness in RI in order to identify areas we can add value
In the past, the Providence hub has completed the following project among others:
- Successfully completed PVD Shaper's Mission Healthy Smile during February’s National Children Dental Health Month –served 1,500 children at Children’s Friend (Providence, RI) in 2016 & 2017- 3,000 total dental hygiene products donated
- Held Mentor RI training in December 2017
- Managed a Thanksgiving Food Drive for 60 families in the Latino Community during the Holiday season 2017