The Providence Hub seeks to represent our beautiful and diverse community by engaging locally and representing globally. Being the Capitol of the smallest state in the United States of America, we understand the importance of having a voice at the table to ensure we have access to the resources we need to prosper and have a socially just society. We are grateful to have had the privilege to represent our city in places such as Belfast, Sacramento, Muscat, and Milwaukee.
We are currently working on the following projects:
- COVID-19: Our hub has been 3D printing over 300 face masks and face shields and delivering them to local organizations and communities. For example, through a partnership with Meals on Wheels RI, we have ensured that all volunteers as well as clients in need have access to face masks. Our hub members have also been delivering meals, groceries, and other essentials to the elderly and immuno-compromised during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- PeaceLove: Through a partnership with PeaceLove, an organization based in RI, the Providence hub will be trained on how to deliver online workshops that promote mental wellness through creative expression. Our plan is to deliver the workshops in our community but also to train other hub across the world in facilitating these workshops for their communities.
- Homelessness: After investing time in understanding the complex ecosystem of service providers working on homelessness in RI, the hub is working with a number of local organizations to 1) create materials providing valuable information and guidance to people experiencing homelessness and 2) assist in organizing a coordinated stakeholder response to direct resources to underserved communities in our state.
In the past, the Providence hub has completed the following projects among others:
- Successfully completed PVD Shaper's Mission Healthy Smile during February’s National Children Dental Health Month –served over 1,500 children at Children’s Friend (Providence, RI) in 2016 & 2017- 3,000 total dental hygiene products donated
- Held Mentor RI training in December 2017
- Managed a Thanksgiving Food Drive for 60 families in the Latino Community during the Holiday season 2017
- Designed a Life Skills Curriculum Training in 2018-2019
- Participated in Resume Workshops and Mock Interviews for youth through Year Up in 2020