The young and adult population of the village of El Porvenir in Pereira needs adequate infrastructure in the school to receive a good education service and congregate as a community.
The young and adult population of the village of El Porvenir in Pereira
To solve the problem the Pereira Hub is working on two main actions:
1. The structural readjustment of the main building and its complementary spaces
2. The process of appropriation of the space -again- by the community to guarantee the continuity of the process.
1. Repair and/or replace the basic infrastructure (walls, roof and facade) of the educational center located in El Porvenir, village of El Corregimiento de La Florida in the city of Pereira.
2. Repair and/or replace the basic infrastructure of the park and the field located in El Porvenir, village of El Corregimiento de La Florida in the city of Pereira
3. Create and implement a sustainability strategy for the long-term process of the intervened spaces through awareness and appropriation sessions with the community.
Short & Long-Term Goals/Results
The project during the 2021-2022 period is expected to build:
- School bathrooms
- The entrance ramp to the main park
- The facade of the main building
- The main park kiosk
The execution of the project has the support of the Porvenir community, the Secretary of Education and private sponsors, allies with whom more than COP $21,000,000 (US$ 4,500) has been raised for the constructions works.
To fully execute the project, between COP $70,000,000 and COP $100,000,000 will be required.