Descarbonando a Quebrada - Phase 1
Lack of people in the Morro do Papagaio community with climate knowledge who are a reference in the community so that they can be multipliers and educators on the Climate Change agenda.
Teachers, community leaders, people engaged in social actions, among other potential replicators of climate knowledge residents of Morro do Papagaio.
We carried out a hybrid Climate Reality Leadership Corps - Virtual Training Brazil 2022 training, carried out in partnership with the main community-based organizations of Morro do Papagaio.
We plan and carry out the following activities:
- 18 online activities/meetings:
- 1 Welcome /onboarding session
- 4 General Guidance Sessions on climate and related topics.
- 4 Debate Panels with experts
- 3 Climate skills development sessions
- 5 Inspiring Conversations (testimonials from people working on issues related to climate change)
- 1 closing session
- 6 face-to-face activities/meetings:
- 3 conversation circles on online training topics
- 3 Lectures with experts from Belo Horizonte on the subject What are the project short and long-term goals? Train people who are reference in the community so that they can be multipliers and educators on the agenda of Climate Change
We trained 10 new climate reality leaders within the Morro do Papagaio community 66% of people who signed up completed the training
Climate Reality Leaders Brasil Eu amo minha quebrada