The Bucharest Hub Future Makers competition helps young people develop their entrepreneurial mindset and gain a change-maker attitude by preparing for the challenges that will come in a world dominated by technology. Future Makers engages young adults passionate about entrepreneurship, future trends, and prospective thinking. We travel in more than 28 cities around Romania in conversations about the next decades. We interact with over 2700 youth each year in these meetings and incubate over 70 start-ups focusing on new and sustainable business models with the help of the 44 local and national partner organizations and universities and 30 media partners. At the end of the competition, teams delivered a pitch in front of a jury for prizes worth 20,000 Euros. For the second edition of Future Makers in 2019, over 2’000 young people participated in workshops in 23 cities across Romania to better understand future trends and how they impact their future. Many of these young people had the opportunity to work on their business ideas and support one another. This year, 121 teams applied for a four months incubation program and another opportunity to win prizes of 20,000 Euros.
A low number of youth with an entrepreneurial mindset, not many youth starting and implementing future-oriented business ideas
Youth 20-30 Age group
Entrepreneurial education workshops and business incubation program.
· Co-organization of entrepreneurial workshops in over 20 cities across Romania.
· Co-organization of incubation and mentorship program.
SHORT-TERM GOALS / RESULTS:
· Between 50% and 75% of participants in entrepreneurial workshops state they have a better understanding of future trends. Over 75% of incubation program participants feel better prepared to become entrepreneurs.
· Funding of more than 15 startups
Strong bonds between youth across Future Makers generations, a higher number of conversations about the future, and the impact of the 4th industrial revolutions
· Over 5000 youth participated in Future Makers activities
· More than 15 shapers
· More than 200 youth in incubation/mentorship activities
· 15 startups financed
Social Innovation Solutions