HadHiHai on Gender-based Violence
As the world retreated inside homes due to the lockdown measures introduced to curb the COVID-19 pandemic, reports showed an alarming increase in the already existing issue of violence against women.
HadHiHai was an initiative to support the UN Women’s 16-day campaign on activism against Gender-Based Violence that took place from 25 November to 10 December 2020. Every year on November 25, UN Women runs a 16-day campaign to spread awareness on the Elimination of Violence against women. The 2020 Global Theme was “Orange the World: Fund, Respond, Prevent, Collect!”. The project aimed to amplify the voice of women against gender inequality through digital advocacy and an online campaign. Shapers interviewed members of the community to get a glimpse of what domestic violence means to them.
- The project team created videos of insights and lessons learned: Click here
- The outreach partner for this campaign was One Future Collective.
- The team also participated in Tweet Chat with Restless Development India along with other organizations like Breakthrough, Jhpiego, Mash Projects, Pravah, Nishtha, and The YP Foundation.
- Number of people interviewed: 20
- Number of people reached on social media (impression): 6500+
- Number of views on videos on social media: 1600+
- Number of likes/shares/comments on social media (engagement): 400+