During the COVID-19 crisis, the Global Shapers of the Medellín Hub and Manizales Hub in Colombia came together to create a strategy to keep the kids learning during the social distancing and Schools closing.
As part of this strategy the Medellin Hub
- Created new teaching methodologies for parents, teachers and kids
- Launched a webinar series to keep learning during the social distancing
- Contacted local government officials to influence public policy directly
- Curated content and facilitated tools so kids could keep learning at home
- Launched a massive campaign in social media to create awareness of the situation of the kids