Menos es Más
The government of Ensenada does not have programmes that effectively promote responsible consumption and recycling practices among its educational institutions, key actors in achieving the SDGs.
Higher Education Institutions in Ensenada, Mexico.
The Ensenada Hub is launching the project "Menos es Más" to contribute to the implementation of effective programmes that foster a more responsible consumption and recycling practices within Ensenada’s principal HEIs, with the aim of establishing commitments to build a long-term responsible consumption internal plan.
Hub Activities and timeline
- October-December 2021: Diagnosis of current programmes of responsible consumption and recycling from Ensenada’s government, NGOs, industry and HEIs
- December 2022: Establish alliances with stakeholders to promote an efficient recycling programme within the UABC campus
- January 2022: Establish advisory groups within HEIs to provide comments and suggestions to the draft of the agreement for more responsible consumption practices
- February 2022: Execution of the recycling program in UABC campus and monitoring the effectiveness
- May 2022: Submit a proposal of a sustainable policy to our local government
- Meeting with key stakeholders to establish alliances that will help us create a responsible consumption network
- In collaboration with the HEIs, create an agreement for more responsible consumption practices within the campus
- Establish alliances with stakeholders to implement an efficient recycling program within UABC campus
The project Menos es Más aims to implement efficient programs that contribute to more responsible consumption and recycling practices through HEIs campuses, through the creation of a sustainable network between Ensenada’s government, NGOs, industry and main HEIs.