Problem Statement: Younger generations in Latvia need to be informed on how to age well in order to reduce the prejudices associated with aging and increase inter-generational communication.
Target Group: Seniors (60+) living in Latvia and adults (below 60) in Latvia.
Proposed Solution: Seniors Stories is a podcast series with inspiring, interesting and insightful stories from seniors living in Latvia. Each podcast features an interview with a senior citizen describing his major life experience and lessons learned.
Hub Activities: The project activities include:
- A monthly series of podcasts each featuring a senior citizen and his story;
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram) communication campaign promoting podcasts and attracting attention to senior audience;
- Partnerships with various local NGO and organizations (pensioners federation, National library, regional NGOs) for scouting inspiring stories and seniors, as well as promoting communication campaign;
- A public survey on perception of seniors in the society.
Short & Long-Term Goals/Results: The project aims to:
- Launching at least 12 series of podcasts during the year;
- Reaching at least 50 000 people in Latvia with quality content on the topic in social media;
- At least 100 people interacting with the content posted (share, comment, etc.);
- Partnering with 3 seniors’ organizations on communication and awareness raising efforts;
- Collecting public survey results on the perception of seniors in the society.
- 2 podcast episodes created;
- 1 partner organization.
Collaborators: Project is executed in collaboration with information partners, helping to scout inspiring stories and seniors to share them:
- Local NGOs;
- Pensioners federation;
- The National Library of Latvia.