Shapers for Sundarban
In the aftermath of the oil spill in December 2014, the Dhaka Hub of Global Shapers undertook a project which included the following activities:
- Reached out to Scott Smith and Cesar Herada - both of whom have experience working on BP oil spill - for consultation.
- Launched an indiegogo campaign where Mark Rufallo endorsed the work via a video.
- Raised 70K USD which was subsequently donated to UNDP who undertook large scale recovery work in Sundarbans in the aftermath of the spill.
- Facilitated meetings with the Ministry of Environment.
- Raised funds for the mapping fo the disaster and sent a team of 5 people who were the first to collect samples from across the spill.
- The final report was submitted to UNDP.