The migrant community in Ensenada needs to receive basic services for a dignified life.
Migrants in Ensenada.
The Ensenada Hub is launching the project Somos Migrantes with the aim to provide five services to the migrant community through voluntary and low-fee private services, including: medical attention, mobile clinic, mental health counselling, migratory legal advice, nutritional counselling and literacy sessions.
Hub activities and timeline
- October-December 2021: diagnosis of the migrant community in Ensenada
- December 2021: establish alliances with those that will contribute with the programme Somos Migrantes to provide their voluntary or low-fee services
- January 2022: the programme starts providing regularly all five services
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the services
- Submit a policy brief proposal to our local government
Provide the following services to migrants in Ensenada:
- Medical attention
- Mental health counselling
- Immigration legal advice
- Nutritional counselling
- Literacy support
The project Somos Migrantes aims to improve the quality of life of the migrant community in Ensenada and provide them with an integral adaptation to our city.