Two Wheel Tuesday
Many countries (including Belgium and France) have defined NDC objectives in terms of CO2 reduction. This project by the Brussels Hub helps mitigate climate change by :
- Promoting carbon neutral transportation modes within cities;
- Gathering the actors of the bike ecosystem in a roundtable format to create synergies;
- Raise citizens and companies awareness about cycling on social media and in traditional media;
- Helping commuters to overcome barriers to using the bike by biking with them during their first trips to work;
- Campaigning to make the biggest park of Brussels car-free: “Reclaim the Park”
Building new mobility habits
Two Wheel Tuesday is piloting a corporate mobility consultancy program in 2020-21. It aims to provide companies with insights, recommendations and solutions to build new mobility habits with their employees. Working with local mobility organizations, companies can also get discounts on their products and services via Two Wheel Tuesday.
Campaigning at a grassroots level
Up to 500 cyclists gather every Tuesday to make Brussels biggest park car-free. The 2WT initiative grew into a collaboration with 15 local organizations named “Reclaim the Park”. The initiative consists of a weekly cycle tour in the park, flyer actions, a website, a petition and active social media channels.
Local partnerships and roundtables
Two Wheel Tuesday has gathered 30+ actors of the bike ecosystem in Brussels and Paris in a roundtable format to create synergies. The roundtable format consists of several editions at the local level, and will continue in 2021.
Over 100.000 people reached on social media in 2020.
20+ press mentions in traditional media such as TV, radio and print in 2020.
Social media links
- Insta: @2wteu
- facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2WTEU
- Twitter : @Tuesday2Wheels
- Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/company/2wt/