Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (Project VK)
Project VK is a COVID relief initiative started by Global Shapers Dusseldorf Hub, aligning with the SDG of creating HEALTH EQUITY, vis a vis mental health. It aims at providing holistic well being to people in India, as well as internationally; promoting emotional and mental well being.
Impact Metrics: Youth section
- 10 workshops held, with total footfall of 230 school kids
- International youth day celebration with workshops and events
Impact Metrics: Adult section
- 30+ volunteers trained in psychological first aid
- Capacity building and experiential workshops on Co-creating safe spaces, Mindfulness, Yoga mediatation and relaxation, Healing through Origami, Nutrition and COVID and Empathetic listening. 50+ participants.
- 5 webinars held on self care and mental health awareness
- 2 holistic health rehabilitation sessions going on, more lined up. 30+ active participants from sub urban and urban areas in India
Project VK has on board some of very committed mental health related organizations, working actively towards increasing awareness about mental health in regions where its still a taboo. Project VK has succesfully trained its volunteers from Germany, NRW region, as well as from India on different dimensions of holistic well being through rigorous informational and experiential workshops. The awareness module involves webinars aimed at diverse demographics, with special focus on youth and underpriviledged sections.
Additionally, Project VK offers a month-long rehabilitation program that offers facilitated support group sessions, yoga, meditation, relaxation, art therapy and also nutritional advice. Register here: bit.ly/vk-holisticprogram
- Mental Health Equity - cross cultural exchange of perspectives about mental health, connecting developed and developing nations.
- Mental health awareness in rural and sub-urban regions.
- Informational and interactive webinars for beneficiaries, different target groups, like frontile workers, sanitation workers etc
- Youth engagement - holistic health capacity building workshops for volunteers
- Special sessions for underpriviledged children and sub urban sections of the society.
More about project: https://vasudhaivakutumbakam332748722.wordpress.com/