Women’s Health and Awareness
Women & girls from lower socio-economic sections of society and generally disadvantaged areas need to be made aware of matters relating to their health, sanitation & hygiene in order for them to take appropriate care of themselves.
Women & girls from lower socio-economic sections of society and generally disadvantaged areas
To conduct sessions on women’s health in government schools and orphanages, where menstrual hygiene product would be distributed to the beneficiary group in order to spread awareness about menstrual hygiene in the target group.
- Session on “How to deal with the periods” with the girls at an orphanage and distributed free sanitary napkins to them
- Conducted a cultural event on Women’s Day 2020 - held in collaboration with the “Pink Foundation” - with the motive to introduce the beneficiary group to widespread opportunities and cultural experiences
- Collaborated with the Kolkata hub for the Menstruation and Hygiene week 2020
Short & Long-Term Results:
- After every session, the beneficiaries are more open to discussing and asking questions related to feminine health & hygiene, specifically the menstrual cycle and associated challenges as well as bodily changes that occur
- Increased awareness in beneficiaries that have been engaged
- Creation of a safe zone for women to discuss and share their issues and experiences relating to health and hygiene
- Session reach of more than 100 beneficiaries
- 5 sessions conducted so far
- Successful collaboration with the Pink Foundation ensuring feminine health discussions and distribution of free sanitary napkins to the girls of their orphanage
- Global Shapers Kolkata Hub
- Pink Foundation (Panchkula)