The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2019 will be held from 22-25 January in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland. Over 3,000 global leaders will come together under the theme Globalization 4.0: Shaping a Global Architecture in the Age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Read the full press release.
For the first time six Shapers will serve as Co-Chairs! They join Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft Satya Nadella.
The six Shaper Co-Chairs are:
- Basima Abdulrahman, Erbil hub, an Iraqi structural engineer who is passionate about the environment. She founded Kesk, a green design and construction initiative in Iraq; a country trying to rebuild after decades of war, sectarian conflict and civil unrest.
- Juan David Aristizábal, Bogota Hub, is the founder & President of Los Zúper, a non-profit organization equipping young people with the skills needed in the 21st century. He has been recognized in Forbes Magazine “30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs ” and was chosen as an Ashoka Fellow. He leads Todos por la Educación, Colombia’s first social movement uniting people with different ideological and political beliefs to meet key educational priorities.
- Noura Berrouba, Founding Member of Stockholm Hub, serves on the Governing Body of the European Youth Parliament (EYP), as well as the National Council of Swedish Youth Organisations (LSU) and was the official Swedish Youth Delegate to the United Nations 2016. At Stockholm Hub she drives recruitment and projects focused on increasing civic engagement.
- Julia Luscombe, Chicago Hub, is Director of Strategic Initiatives at Feeding America, a non-profit focused on closing the meal gap and ending hunger in the United States through a nationwide network of food banks.
- Mohammed Hassan Mohamud, is Zonal Chairman of Kakuma Refugee Camp in North-Western Kenya, and is Founding Member of Kakuma Hub. He has spent the last 20 years living as a displaced person and has dedicated his life to championing refugee rights and conflict prevention.
- Akira Sakano, Osaka Hub, is the Chair of the Board of Directors of the Zero Waste Academy, a non-profit located in Kamikatsu. To date, Akira has achieved a recycling rate of nearly 80% and is dedicated to strengthening sustainable, community-led rural development. She also coordinated the first carbon-neutral SHAPE event.
Stay tuned! Shaper news and highlights from #wef19 will be shared on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #ShapingDavos.