The hub was launched in 2014 and it consists of 18 shapers. The hub is made up of talented and diverse young Palestinians based in the Gaza Strip and committed to shaping our community and finding solutions for the many issues we face. While we have a unified yet difficult mission for our Hub, we benefit from the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences representing various fields. Together we work on challenging the obstacles of our besieged city and create a space for talented and experienced people to take their chance and develop the community in areas such as economy, entrepreneurship, education, environment, job creation and more.
Making a contribution to our community through driving dialogue, action & change.
To build a community of outstanding young people committed to improving the state of Gaza city and the whole world then. With its motto: Shape Your Future – integrating the personal, the community and the global dimension.
Gaza hub Enables youth to be a voice for the future in local, regional and global thought processes and a catalyst of entrepreneurship in the global public interest.
· Our objectives are founded on three key pillars – Interaction, Insight and Impact:
· The Community impacts by catalyzing and enhancing, individually and collectively, fresh ideas and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. Shapers are engaged in projects related to specific challenges On different areas of impacts such as education, equity & inclusion.
· Enabling shapers to collaborate and learn from each other.
· Gaza hub creates value – together with the World Economic Forum – by providing Shapers with the knowledge and insights that engender a better understanding of the global, regional and industry agendas.
· To generate in young people a sense of responsibility and ownership for the actions they undertake and to develop their citizenship and involvement in their communities.
· To build strong relationships with organizations that share our aims, by increasing the capacity of young people to build on their skills and talents for their own growth and their community’s long-term development.