Who are we?The Dusseldorf Hub is a group of multicultural, interdisciplinary and future-oriented young people who strive to challenge the status-quo by fostering an inclusive environment. In the next five 5 years, the hub envisions driving sustainable, scalable, and impactful grassroot projects addressing inequality, integration, environment, and emergency response. We are a registered NGO Global Shapers Düsseldorf e.V. since 2021, advocating to create impact locally by working with our partners globally. We have launched several community projects on sustainability, raising mental health awareness for people suffering from Covid, empowering gender equality, and promoting voting awareness among the young generation.
Our north star is drive by 5 lenses:
- Proactivity, dynamism, and awareness of global needs - to create safe spaces that enable inclusion and sustainability
- Impactful collaborations with multifarious stakeholders and collaborators by providing direction intervention and support
- Connections and intergenerational exchange between shapers from 2011-2027 to maximize the impact through active dialogue and change
- Sustainability of human resources and natural resources, to drive measurable societal changes in the local environment
- Confluence of SDGs and iSHAPE thrust areas, with special emphasis on impartiality and autonomy in our local change, to be able to drive positive change
Who can join?
As part of the global network of over 14,000 Shapers in over 450 cities, we are looking for volunteers between the age of 18 to 27 years old.
When can you join?
We run our recruitment process once a year, typically in October / November. You are welcome to submit your applications by clicking the 'Apply' button below. We will process every applications submitted and inform you about your application status during our recruitment campagin.